Reasons Why HVAC Systems Break Down
Are you experiencing problems with your residential heating and cooling system? HVAC problems aren’t as mysterious as you might think. Check out the following 8 reasons why HVAC systems break down.
· Tripped Circuits: If your HVAC is drawing energy from a circuit that’s drawing energy from too many other electrical sources, this need to be fixed.
· Dirty Filters: HVAC filters need changing once every 30 – 90 days. Clogged filters cause HVAC units to work harder and produce less.
· Low Refrigerant: If your unit isn’t cooling well, check refrigerant levels. Sometimes, your unit needs a little boost.
· Thermostat issues: Do you have your thermostat set correctly? Also, is the thermostat in an area that’s too sunny or too shady? Relocating the thermostat might fix the problem.
· Sizing problems: If you have a large home, you might need to add another unit or upgrade to improve the heating and cooling experience.
· Broken capacitors: When capacitors break, the unit won’t be able to cycle air anymore. This is a common issue in older models as parts age and tend to break.
· Dirt and debris: When the air doesn’t cool like it used to, check the outdoor unit. Hose it down and remove any debris such as leaves, dirt, sticks, etc.
· Lack of maintenance: HVAC units need regular maintenance such as filter changes, parts lubricated, and small mechanical issues fixed.
When you find yourself struggling with heating and cooling issues, let KBS Heating and Cooling help. We offer comprehensive heating and ac repair in the Atlanta area. Our experienced service technicians work on all types of unit regardless of brand or model. From gas and electric to hybrid units, we do it all. We pay close attention to detail to make sure we never miss a thing.
Let us help you find and install your next HVAC system or make small repairs! To schedule your service, call us today at 678-715-9299. We take your service calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.